Churches

Iż-Żebbuġ Parish Church
 
 Building of the new church commenced in 1692 instead of a small chapel dedicated to Santa Marija tal-Mirakli or tal-Virtujiet. In those days, due to poverty, it was not that easy to build such a church. However, the locals succeeded to finish the building of the church and was consecrated on the 30th September 1736 and dedicated to the Assumption of Mary.

Francis De Domenicis painted the main painting representing the Holy Trinity crowning the Virgin Mary. The titular statue of the Assumption of Mary was brought in 1863 from a French company in Marseilles of Gallard et Fils. Each year on the first Sunday after the 15 of August the village celebrates the feast of the Assumption.
 As years went by, the church became too small for the community and work on extending the church commenced in 1936. Although the following years were hard times due to the war, the succeeded in completing the works by 1942 when others churches were in ruins.
 
 One of the greatest benefactors who contributed towards the project of the parish church was Mons. Fr Francis Saliba, a local who was working as a missionary in Tunisia. The Parish was elevated to Archparish on the 12th March 1963.

 The church houses some important works of art such as the old painting representing the Immaculate Conception with some interesting stories attributed to the painting. The body of St Fortunatus Martyr, the Good Friday statues which processional have been carried out since 1919, and recently the statue of the Risen Lord. Works of art sculptured from the local marble Onice are the table altar, work of Ronald Pisani who was also responsible for the Baptismal Font, the lectern, the covering of the main pillars of the church, the choir, the celebrant’s chair, the confessional box and font.

Marsalforn Church
Marsalforn has its own church dedicated to St Paul’s Shipwreck. The orginal church was built in the 14th century and was renovated throughout the years. The present church built during Bishop Pietro Pace was consecrated on the 12th September 1939. The titular feast is celebrated on the 25th January, the Conversion of St Paul.
 
Chapel Dar Stella Maris
 This chapel forms part of the retreat house Dar Stella Maris, which was founded and is administered by the Missionary Society of St. Paul. The chapel was blessed on the 30th June 1974 by the Bishop of Gozo Mons. Nikol Cauchi. The chapel was built by master-mason from Iż-Żebbuġ Vitor Vella on designs prepared by architects Camilleri Galea and Joe Dimech. The titular of the chapel is dedicated to "Stella Maris" [Star of the Sea]. The chapel is used daily for the religious needs of the residents of the neighbourhood and also for retreats throughout the year for different groups such as priests, religious and seculars. The refurbishment of the chapel that took place in 2004 included the addition of equipment and furniture, particularly a new altar of Onice marble by sculptor Ronald Pisani.