Churches

​Bormla (Città Cospicua) became a parish in 1586 after it was religiously separated from Birgu (Città Vittoriosa) in 1584. The Parish Church, dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, was elevated to the dignity of a collegiate church in 1822. Its titular painting is the work of Peter Paul Caruana, who was inspired by Ludovic Mifsud Tommasi. In this church, there is also the Oratory of the Crucifix (1731) which can also be accessed from a separate entrance in Oratory Street.
 
St. John Almoner - this chapel is dedicated to St. John Almoner (The Almsgiver) who was born in 556 in Cyprus. The original church dedicated to this saint was built in 1373 but was not located in the same place. The exact place is still unknown but probably it stood just outside the Margherita Lines. The old church was destroyed because of the building of the Cottonera Lines. Friar Fra Pierre Vianny funded the present chapel in 1682 (an inscription on the façade shows this date) in an area known as San Ġwann t’Għuxa. During the Second World War the chapel suffered from several damages. The titular painting, and a small lunette which surrounded it - both works of Mattia Preti, are nowadays conserved in the National Museum of Fine Arts in il-Belt Valletta (Città Umilissima) and copies were placed in the chapel instead of them.
Churches include:
 
Immaculate Conception Parish Church
St. Paul’s Church
St. Theresa’s Church
St. Margaret’s Church
St. Joseph's Conservatory
St. Thomas' Chapel